Training as a physiotherapist
Bring mobility back
The profession of physiotherapist is an integral part of today’s healthcare system.
Without the work of physiotherapists in prevention , curative and rehabilitative medicine , the success of modern medicine in practice, in hospitals and in rehabilitation would not be achieved today.
Details on physiotherapy training
What to expect You complete the theoretical and practical part (2900h) on the premises of the WBS SCHULEN, Hans – Sachs Straße 15, 08525 Plauen.
They do the practical part of your training (1600h) in qualified institutions, which are selected jointly by school and students.
Contents theory and practice in physiotherapy
- General and special disease theory
- socio-educational basics
- First aid and bandage technology
- Applied physics and biomechanics
- Psychology / Pedagogy / Sociology
- Prevention and rehabilitation
- Training apprenticeship
- Movement theory
- Physiotherapeutic diagnosis and examination techniques
- Methodical application of physiotherapy in medical specialties, e.g. surgery, orthopedics, neurology etc.
- Physiotherapy treatment techniques
- Movement education
- Sports therapy
- classic massage therapy
Later areas of application for physiotherapists
- Acute hospital
- Rehabilitation center
- Specialty clinics
- Spa facilities
- outpatient practice
- Sports performance center / fitness area
- Sports club
- Wellness area
- Hotel industry
- Independence / freelance work
Training opportunities for physiotherapists (excerpt)
- Manual therapy
- Manual lymph drainage
- Physiotherapy according to Bobath or Vojta
- Proprioceptive Neuromuscular Facilitation (PNF)
- Medical advanced training / medical training therapy
- Bachelor and Masters in scientific fields