TELC Registrations Closed
The TELC or The European Language Certificates are one of the international standardized tests of ten different languages. It is administered by telc GmbH. Its a subsidiary of German Adult Education Association.
The TELC Language Tests consists of four sections namely, reading, writing, listening and speaking. Thus, it is conducted in written and oral formats.
- Reading Comprehension consists of three tasks, which are reading for gist, reading for detail and selective reading. Language Elements consists of two tasks, wherein the candidates have to take a multiple choice test and complete a text.
- Listening also consists of three tasks, which are listening for gist, listening for detail and selective listening.
- Writing part consists of one task whereby the candidates have to write a formal letter.
- The Oral test generally takes place with two candidates, which lasts for around 15 minutes. And if there are three candidates, then it takes about 25 minutes.
- Presentation is one of the parts of oral test where a candidate has to present something briefly to their partner, which should not take more than 90 seconds. After this, the candidate answers the questions asked by his/her partner.
- Discussion consists of a controversial topic wherein the candidates have to exchange arguments and present their point of view clearly.
- Task is another part wherein the candidates have to express their opinions and provide with all the details they can think of on a given situation.
The total scoring for TELC is 300 points whereby written examination consists of 225 points and oral examination consists of 75 points.
TELC can taken every year across 20 countries at one of the 3000 test centers. , which are Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, China, Czech Republic, Germany, Hungary, Italy, Liechtenstein, Macedonia, Poland, Romania, Slovakia, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland and Turkey. Find here a TELC Test Center near you
Who we are?
telc stands for The European Language Certificates. We offer language tests based on international standards: fair, transparent and reliable. Consistent with our European focus, we currently offer more than 90 different examinations in 10 languages. Throughout the years, telc gGmbH has transitioned from solely offering language tests to a multifaceted education provider. Complementing language testing, telc gGmbH offers a continuing education program for teachers as well as outfitting classrooms with practical teaching and study materials. As an ISO 9001 certified company, customers can expect our work to reflect only the highest quality standards.
telc gGmbH is not only highly recognized for its work in the field of education, but also for its long history. In almost 50 years, telc – language tests has been able to build in cooperation with its partners a large international network, which include
• more than 7,500 telc licensed partners worldwide;
• more than 150 telc trainers;
• over 20,000 licensed examiners worldwide.
telc gGmbh’s strength lies in closely cooperating with its partners, without whom, developing products that conform to current market demand would not be possible. Ever since the first telc language certificate entered the market in the late 1960s, telc – language tests have always kept up with the times, reacting to didactic-methodological changes and implementing task-based test formats as the years have passed. From the beginning, attention to logistics and evaluation technology has always played an important role at telc gGmbH. Whether early punched card systems or today’s high-performance scanners, the standardized and centrally administered test evaluation services have always played an integral part in ensuring the quality of telc language certificates as well as efficient administrative procedures.
telc gGmbH is a subsidiary of the German Adult Education Association (DVV). By creating its own certification system early on, DVV not only demonstrated its commitment to lifelong learning, but also to modern, goal-oriented work in the field of education for all.
Further inspiration comes from exchanging ideas with other major European test providers, particularly the Association of Language Testers in Europe (ALTE) and the quality network EAQUALS. In addition, telc gGmbH stays on top of the latest trends in assessment by attending conferences and engaging in collaborative projects with universities.
telc gGmbH is certified according to ISO 9001, confirming that it is a master over its own processes and not vice versa, regardless of whether it involves the development and distribution of language tests, licensing test centers and examiners, or printing and/or publishing teaching and study materials online.
telc gGmbH cooperates with a broad network of institutions. These include:
- The German Federal Ministry of the Interior, represented through the Federal Office for Migration and Refugees, has, together with the Goethe Institute e.V., commissioned telc with the development of the Deutsch-Test für Zuwanderer A2/B1 (German Language Test for Migrants A2/B1) as the final examination for participants in national integration courses. In addition to this, telc gGmbH has been commissioned with the administration and further development of this examination.
- The Department of Foreign Affairs has advised their diplomatic missions to make the examination Start Deutsch 1 / telc Deutsch A1 a prerequisite to the issuance of visas for migrants wishing to take up residency with their spouses living in Germany.
- Pupils within the Saarland school system can achieve a telc Language Certificate at level B1 and have it accredited to their school leaving exams. The Saarland Ministry of Education has developed these final examinations together with telc in both English and French.
- The Ministry of Education of the State of Hesse has commissioned telc to develop Turkish language examinations especially for school pupils of Turkish descent. This allows these young people to officially document their language abilities.
- The Ministry of Education of the State Lower Saxony also commissioned telc to develop the Polish dual level examination Język polski B1-B2 Szkoła. This allows pupils of Polish descent to be tested on a dual scale.
- telc exams are recognised by the Office of Qualifications and Examinations Regulation (Ofqual), the independent authority that regulates qualifications, examinations, and assessments in the United Kingdom.
- The Turkish Ministry of National Education is working closely with the German Adult Education Association (DVV) and telc gGmbH as part of its strategy for lifelong learning. The goal is a significant increase in the number of foreign language learners who gain certification in various languages through Turkish adult education centres. Alignment with communicative, internationally recognized testing and cooperation at conferences and continuing education events will enhance the quality of foreign language teaching in Turkey.
- As of 1 July 2011, proof of German language proficiency at level B1 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages will also be required for the attainment of citizenship in Austria. For this reason, the Austrian Integration Fund (ÖIF), established by the Federal Ministry of the Interior, is now offering the German Test for Austria (Deutsch-Test für Österreich). This is a version of the A2-B1 German Test for Migrants (Deutsch-Test für Zuwanderer A2-B1) that has been adapted by telc GmbH for test takers in Austria.
Licensed partners in more than 25 countries
telc develops language tests. The actual examinations, however, are administered locally. As leading institutions in their countries, telc’s licensed partners guarantee that telc exams and certificates enjoy official recognition and acceptance wherever they are administered. A few examples: telc cooperating partners include the University of Information Technology and Management in Rzeszów (WSIZ Rzeszów) and the University of Łódź in Poland, the Migros Club Schools in Switzerland and T.I.T. in Hungary.
Why TELC language tests?
Foreign language skills are a key qualification in a united Europe and a globalized world. With a telc certificate you can document your language skills – in ten languages and at all proficiency levels of the Common European Framework of Reference (CEFR).
telc examinations are developed by leading didactics experts and test specialists. We constantly check for validity, reliability and objectivity of our language examinations to guarantee maximum quality.
- High quality and international recognition at universities, companies and government authorities
- Transparent, world-renowned CEFR level system
- Authentic, practical examination tasks
- More than 3,000 test centres worldwide
- Flexible examination dates, short registration deadlines
- Fast and reliable scoring of exams