TRAINING AS A MASSAGE THERAPIST AND MEDICAL LIFEGUARD
A job with instinct
It has changed continuously over the years, like all healthcare professions. Therapy methods have continuously improved and refined, for example due to new knowledge in medicine and increasing demands of patients for modern and effective treatment methods.
Details on the masseur and medical lifeguard
You can expect that
- different massage techniques from classic massage to sports massage, lymphatic drainage to reflexology,
- therapeutic applications such as hydrotherapy, electrotherapy, exercise pool,
- physical-therapeutic exercise treatment, movement education and assessment.
You complete the theoretical and practical part (2230h) on the premises of the WBS SCHULEN, Hans – Sachs Straße 15, 08525 Plauen.
You complete the practical part (800h) of your training in qualified facilities that are selected jointly by the school and the students.
A 6-month internship for recognition awaits you at the end of the training.
- General and special disease theory
- socio-educational basics
- First aid and bandage technology
- Applied physics and biomechanics
- Psychology / Pedagogy / Sociology
- Prevention and rehabilitation
- Sports therapy
- classic massage therapy
- Special forms of massage
- Lymphatic drainage
- Basics of exercise therapy
- Basics of physiotherapy treatment procedures
- Finding technology
- Movement education
later areas of application for masseurs and med. Lifeguard
- Acute hospital
- Rehabilitation center
- Specialty clinics
- Spa facilities
- outpatient practice
- Sports performance center / fitness area
- Sports club
- Wellness area
- Hotel industry
- Independence / freelance work
Training opportunities for masseurs and med. Lifeguard (extract)
- Manual lymphatic drainage / complex physical decongestive therapy
- Sports physiotherapy
- Special forms of exercise therapy
- Special massage techniques
- Wellness therapy
- Manual therapeutic therapy procedures
- Cyriax soft tissue orthopedics
- Special electrotherapy procedures
- Prevention and therapy of osteoporosis
- Back school
- Medical advanced training / medical training therapy
Internship abroad during training
Finland, Spain, Portugal, Malta, Great Britain, Denmark or something else?
We support everyone who wants to gain experience abroad during their training.
Here is all the information.