EDUCATOR TRAINING - EDUCATOR TRAINING.
Educator - Job Profile With High Demand.
Background information on training as an educator.
What tasks do educators have?
What are the requirements for educators?
Where do educators work?
What future prospects do educators have?
Funding opportunities for training as an educator.
Have you decided to start an apprenticeship as an educator?
There are different ways of funding from the employment agency, the job center or the country.
Since the funding is subject to country-specific regulations, there is no uniform regulation.
Let us advise you on the funding options available.
Internship abroad during training.
Finland, Spain, Portugal, Malta, Great Britain, Denmark or something else?We support everyone who wants to gain experience abroad during their training as an educator.
Kindergarten teacher - questions and answers.
What are the prerequisites for training as an educator?
How can I optimally prepare for the interview?
Why do I need proof of my health suitability for the training?
Which school-leaving qualification or further qualification is required for training as an educator?
That varies from state to state. But what applies to all those interested in training: As a prerequisite for entry, you need a secondary school leaving certificate and at least two years of vocational training in the social sector. Here, for example, training as a social assistant at a technical school or in Bavaria at a technical academy is ideal.
Vocational training is therefore required, which can usually be proven by a previous professional qualification. The advanced vocational qualification is based on this training.
If you have successfully completed this, you have the chance to shorten the subsequent educator training. In addition, all possible professional experience is taken into account.
The training takes place in a so-called technical school (in Bavaria: technical academy), the technical school being located one level above the vocational school. Let us advise you!
How long does the training for educators take?
The training as an educator normally lasts three years. With the appropriate previous professional experience, however, the training period can be shortened.
What are the contents of the training as an educator?
- A large part of the training takes up the pedagogical area (social pedagogy). You will learn how to shape educational relationships and support group processes.
- They analyze the lives of children and young people, structure them and help shape them.
- You will learn how to develop cultural and creative skills and work with the media.
- Another important aspect is professional work with parents and families.
- In addition, you complete the practical part of the training in various institutions, such as daycare centers.
- Last but not least, there is an interdisciplinary area that includes learning content such as German, mathematics and other topics.
What does an educator earn during training?
Educators do not receive any remuneration during their training. Saxony-Anhalt is an exception. There, the trainees are in the internship throughout the third year of the apprenticeship and usually receive a training allowance during the practical phase. However, this varies from institution to institution and according to the respective carrier tariff. Those who do not receive training allowance can apply for BAföG.
In Berlin, the retraining to become an educator has been supported by the Employment Agency through an education voucher since 2018.
What does the career path look like after training as an educator?
Educators work in many fields of work or different institutions, such as
- in (integration) kindergartens
- in cribs
- in all-day schools (after-school care)
- in children’s homes
- in disabled facilities
- in the open child and youth work
- in child and youth welfare institutions
- in children’s and youth leisure facilities.
After graduation, there are various further qualifications, for example:
- Practice instructor
- Additional educational qualification
- Quality management officer
With a (part-time) degree in social pedagogy, the way is prepared to rise to management positions.
What salary does an educator receive after completing the training?
The average starting salary is around 2,500 euros gross, although there are differences depending on the federal state and institution.